Friday, August 5, 2011

The Beginning


I've been bored.
So far, my summer has consisted of the following:
1.
2.

In a weak effort to defend myself, most of my friends are out of town.
But now that summer is quickly coming to a close, I have decided I need to stop being so pathetic. Just because my friends are out of town, why I can't enjoy a day (or night) on the town by myself?
So I sat and thought about what I should do.
...
...
for a
very
long
time.
And then it hit me.

"If the mountain will not come to Mohammed...
then Mohammed will go to the mountain."

Of course my thoughts did not consist of any of those words. In fact, my idea is quite the opposite. It is better phrased like this:

"If I can not go to any of the places I want to visit...
then the places I want to visit will come to me"

huh?

Here's the gist of it:
For the next few weeks, I will be theoretically traveling "around the world" by visiting what I have deemed DC's version of the various countries, cities and regions I have wanted to visit (or revisit.)

Tomorrow marks the beginning of my travels!
I'll send you a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. love it! did you draw the pictures too? btw, you better go to france!

    ReplyDelete